Simon Cooper has written to customers with a five-point charter
On The Beach boss sets out COVID promise for January bookings
The chief executive of On the Beach has written to customers to outline the company’s ‘Covid Promise’ and invited those with concerns to contact him directly to discuss them.
The Covid Promise relates to bookings made in January for summer 2021. The message from Cooper said:
- All of our short-haul summer holidays can be secured for just £30 per person or less, with balances not due until 30 days before your departure.
- We’re offering pre-trip cancellation cover, including for Covid-19, built into every package holiday, meaning that if you or one of your party contracts Covid-19 before you travel, your cancellation costs are covered.
- If your package holiday can’t be provided due to Covid, we will commit to refunding you in full, and in cash, within 14 days of cancellation.
- We won’t charge any On the Beach amendment fees should your chosen destination become Covid-affected, and we will help you change your holiday dates, or to select from a wide range of alternative destinations. Please note, supplier charges may still apply.
- We will ensure that the hotels we work with have to comply with local Covid rules and regulations, so you can enjoy your holiday in complete peace of mind, knowing that your safety is our priority.
The message added: “Last, but certainly not least, we’re the largest Atol holder who ringfences customer payments in a secure trust account, so you can book with confidence safe in the knowledge that your money is protected.”
It continued: “If we fail to live up to our promises, I welcome you to contact me on Simon.Cooper@onthebeach.co.uk. Provided you have made your booking before the end of January and your concerns fall within the remit of our promise I will be happy to respond to you directly.”