OTA offers 14-day refund guarantee and says all 100,000 bookings for cancelled holidays have been refunded
Travel Republic unveils six-point ‘Holiday Promise’ to boost confidence in booking
Travel Republic has launched a ‘Holiday Promise’ for all new package bookings with a guarantee of 14-day refunds if trips are cancelled.
The dnata Travel-owned OTA said the promise was designed “so customers know they’re getting the most secure, safest and best value holiday available”.
The promise includes six elements also including COVID insurance cover supplied by Rock Insurance a price match offer, greater flexibility and Atol and Abta cover.
Travel Republic says it has now fully refunded all customers who had been due to travel up to and including October 25.
That equates to more than 100,000 bookings and customers due to travel from the October 26 whose holidays have been cancelled due to coronavirus will be refunded within 14 days.
Antonio Fellino, Travel Republic’s Managing Director, said: “Thanks to the Holiday Promise, our customers can have maximum reassurance and confidence that not only will any booking they make with us be the best value, it will also be completely protected if plans have to change.
“No other brand offers the level of COVID protection that we do, and we’re delighted to be able to guarantee full flexibility and 14-day refunds on new package holidays bookings should the unforeseen happen and those bookings have to be amended or cancelled.
“Earlier this month I was pleased to write to all Travel Republic customers to confirm that we’d cleared our refund backlog, reopened our phone lines and are now back firing on all cylinders. We’re confident that the Holiday Promise shows we’ve got their back.”
The Travel Republic Holiday Promise offers:
- COVID Cover Plus: Supplied by broker Rock Insurance, Travel Republic is automatically adding comprehensive COVID protection to every booking on a complimentary basis.
This means customers are covered in the event of cancellation for a positive COVID test for any member of the party due to travel up to 14 days before departure, or a hospital admission for Coronavirus up to 28 days before departure; cancellation due to denied boarding as a result of failing a temperature or medical test at the airport; and cancellation due to redundancy as a result of coronavirus.
- 14-Day Refunds: If a customer’s package holiday is cancelled for reasons beyond their control, Travel Republic has committed to returning any monies for which they are eligible within 14-days.
- Price Match Guarantee: If a customer can show that their Travel Republic package holiday is cheaper with another Abta and Atol protected travel website, then Travel Republic guarantees to match it.
- Complete Flexibility: Customers can make amendments to their Travel Republic package holiday up to seven days before departure. Travel Republic will not charge any administration fees for amendments, but any increases in air fares or accommodation, or supplier change fees, will be passed on to the customer.
- Abta and Atol Protection: Customers were assured the company will adhere to strict codes of conduct, and that any money they spend on package holidays with Travel Republic, is protected in the unlikely event something goes wrong.
- Ease of contact: Travel Republic says it phone lines have reopened and its team of customer service staff is available to help customers with their queries.