Sabre has unveiled additional functionalist in its Sabre Commercial Platform, which it claims is the industry’s only “end-to-end” retailing platform.
The new solutions were announced in London today in an Innovation Showcase session at the T2RL PSS 2019 conference.
Rodrigo Celis, senior vice president for commercial solutions, Sabre Corporation told the event that airline “trailblazers” Etihad, Kulula and JetBlue have been key partners in the development of the new solutions.
They include developments in planning and scheduling, revenue management, shopping, and the omni-channel experience that Sabre said will enable airlines to “reimagine retailing” through developments.
“Through these new solutions, we have been able to help our airline partners revolutionise their pricing strategies, engage customers at the airport in new and meaningful ways and use machine learning to leverage data in ways we only dreamed possible a few years ago,” said Celis.
“As we get more scientific and precise with our use of machine learning algorithms, the door is wide open for us to move the industry forward with developments in continuous pricing, intelligent bundling, customized display, and true dynamic offers.”
The latest innovations within the Sabre Commercial Platform include:
• Fares Optimiser – The addition of new automated fare filing changes to delivers end-to-end fare management through competitor fare benchmarking.
• Smart Shop (now available for global markets) – A next-gen shopping engine that uses a machine-learning to deliver personalised product offers, displayed through a calendar to increase conversion and loyalty.
• Digital Workspace (now available for call centres) – Previously rolled out for airport agents, Digital Workspace is now available for call centres as well, built around flexibility of servicing. It has been shown to improve airlines’ performance by up to 30% and reduce time spent training new airline agents by up to 50%.
• Sabre API Hub – A repository of tools that enable airlines to easily deploy applications that can scale to their business needs, giving them the ability to choose the right technology and integrate with in-house or third-party solutions.
• Inventory Management – A fully re-designed user experience that enables distribution and revenue management analysts to work more effectively through data visualisation, streamlined workflows, contextual navigation, simplified group management, and integration with decision support solutions.
• Schedule Exchange – A tool to intelligently automate schedule changes between airlines and their codeshare partners to drive effective decision making and revenue.