Virgin Atlantic, one of the world’s leading long-haul airlines, today launched a new website, vtravelled.com, to create a new global online community dedicated to people with a passion for travel.
Dreamt up by Virgin Atlantic, vtravelled.com is a website designed to engage and inspire travellers, and showcases destinations through personal insights, stunning photography and quality editorial.
Featuring guides on hundreds of cities, beaches, ski resorts and national parks, vtravelled.com is designed to inspire new adventures as well as make it easy to create, plan and share travels.
In true Virgin Atlantic style, vtravelled.com offers a dynamic, fresh and entertaining social media channel foe people to share their travel knowledge and aspirations, and contribute to a new, online environment.
Steve Ridgway, chief executive of Virgin Atlantic, said: “Vtravelled is a unique proposition for travellers who want to celebrate and share their travel experiences with like minded people.
“We knew we could fill a large gap in the market by creating a community which shared and discussed travel positively and creatively.
“Vtravelled celebrates travel and creates a world in which we can be motivated to choose our next holiday destination through other people’s eyes. It also shows that Virgin Atlantic, with the help of a knowledgeable community, is determined to take social media and travel to a new dimension.”
Key features of vtravelled include:
* Trip Pods: A tool to store and organise travel ideas and aspirations. It’s easy to bookmark content from other sites and then share with friends and family to create the ultimate itinerary.
* Vtravelled bookmarker: When users come across any future travel ideas on any site, they can bookmark and store them on vtravelled for future reference
* Relevance: Shows users how similar they are to fellow travellers on the site
* Google maps: Unique mash-up of Google maps on homepage and throughout the site
* Photography: Stunning imagery to show the destination through the eyes of a fellow traveller
* Eventful: Real-time updates of the top 50 events happening in each destination
Developed through consumers’ recommendations, vtravelled.com features the latest technologies in web design to rate the relevance of other travellers in relation to users by percentage and vice versa, so they can receive recommendations from like minded people resulting in the most useful and most inspirational travel website.